Deutsche Bank Traineeship Programme 2020 – DWS Investments Singapore #SGUnitedTraineeships
- Job Description:
- Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.About DWSDWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 700bn of assets under management (as of 31 March 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management –as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus –complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,500 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors –entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients’ future.Your roleMultiple roles offered across DWS including Portfolio Management and Governance & Policies.Please refer to Annex A for details.Your qualifications
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.ANNEX A1. Real Estate Portfolio Management and Acquisitions Support Trainee
- Ability to independently pursue individual tasks to full completion
- Perseverance and accuracy is required
- Highly motivated and has excellent writing and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge in Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters will be beneficial and advantageous
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- For the “Real Estate Portfolio Management and Acquisitions” role, Finance, Accounting and Economics courses with business and finance knowledge will be preferred. No specific undergraduate course required as pre-requisite for the other role.
- Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree (Must have graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020).
- Must meet the SGUnited Traineeship criteria
- All applicants must apply for the same role on both www.mycareersfuture.sg and www.db.com/careers
2. The Office of Chief Administration, Chief Operating and Business Control functions Trainee
- Participate in Portfolio Management strategy and assist in preparation of the Strategic Investment Plans.
- Support client and consultant relations and respond to information requests and reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Acquisitions team on internal approval processes, documentation of transaction related contracts.
- Manage appraisal process by working with independent appraisers, completing in-house valuations and analyzing the results.
- Prepare disposition analysis, Hold/Sell recommendation, and sale execution.
- Responsible for preparation of pipeline and helping with marketing materials for portfolio managers as and when required.
- Participate in growing the business for the platform in making pitches to win separate account mandates and growing investor base.
- Prepare ongoing reporting requirements to the PM team and investors on existing assets
- Work closely with external property managers on any issues relating to the management of the asset and communications with tenants.
- Managing APAC Legal entities central related functions like Treasury, Accounting, Accruals, TDS validation, Annual Regulatory Filings support, Local Vendor Payments and supporting Local Finance/Tax team with relevant information/documents as required by local regulators
- Supporting Key Business Continuity Management (BCM) activities like Updating BC document, Executing Call Tree Test and other allied activities related to BCM
- Manage global process optimization, cost savings and vendor optimisation projects, working directly with business stakeholders and Vendor Management partners
- Execute controls, sample tests and monitor business lines’ adherence to their governance responsibilities
- Preparation of reporting pack for the OpCo covering status on key control areas and inputs to Risk & Control Forum