Deutsche Bank Internship Programme - Global Markets 2020
- Job Description:
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritising long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About your programme
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your global classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
About Global Markets
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Markets is dedicated to building long-term, sustainable relationships with the bank’s key corporate and institutional clients. It combines a market-leading institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise to provide clients with access to liquidity and customised solutions across a wide range of markets, products and regions.
Based in one of the world’s global financial centres, you’ll take on early responsibility as you will either experience four rotations across Sales, Trading and Structuring or be placed directly into a Quantitative team. Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. In Sales & Trading you might be pricing products, preparing marketing materials or refining the way we do forecasts. In Structuring you could be assisting in the origination, execution and structuring of transactions, being closely involved in live deals from day one. In Quantitative Analysis you will be developing models, interfacing with the business and responding to user queries. Whichever path you take, by the end of your programme you’ll have the skills and experience to launch a long-term career with us.
You will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialise later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Institutional Client Group
- Debt Capital Markets
We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers.
- Are you in your penultimate year?
- Are you passionate about finance?
- Do you have an academic focus on business or the natural sciences, particularly business administration, economics, engineering, informatics, mathematics. physics, computer engineering or a comparable subject?
- Have you already completed previous vocational (banker) training/an internship or do you have part-time experience in banking?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail?